What is eFax?
eFax or Internet/Electronic Fax is a popular online fax service that allows users to send and receive faxes electronically. Users can send and receive faxes online via email, web interface, desktop or mobile app. eFax also offers a variety of features designed to make faxing more convenient, such as the ability to sign documents electronically and the ability to track sent faxes.
How does eFax work?
eFax converts your documents into a digital format and then sends them to your recipients as an email attachment. Alternatively, if the recipient is using a fax machine, they will receive it as ordinary fax. This means that you can fax any document from your computer, without the need for a physical fax machine. You can also receive faxes in your email inbox, and save them on your computer or print them out if you need to.
How do you send an eFax?
To send faxes, you first need to create or signup for an eFax account from the provider of your choice. Online faxing can vary among different service providers. Most reputable ones will provide you with a desktop app or a mobile eFax app where you can manage faxes. Below are the most common steps in sending faxes:
- Scan or upload your document to your computer. Some providers may require you to convert them into PDF files.
- Select the fax machine number of your recipients from your contact list or manually type their number.
- Browse and select the PDF document you want to send.
- Click send
Your eFax will then convert the document into a fax and send it to the recipient's fax number. The recipient's fax machine will then receive your sent documents like ordinary faxes.
How do you receive an eFax?
To receive an eFax, the sender doesn't need to do anything special. They just need to send a fax to you normally using your eFax number. Your eFax service provider will automatically convert the incoming faxes into a PDF file, before sending it to you. Received faxes will be stored in your email or eFax app's inbox as email attachments. You can then print or view stored faxes online using your email browser or eFax app.
Is eFax free?
While most online fax services are not free, many eFax service providers offer free trials or free but limited use of their eFax service. The price of eFax accounts normally depends on how many faxes you can send and what features are available.
We recommend checking out VoIPLy's eFax Service. The free plan version has basic features such as sending a limited number of faxes. If you need to send additional pages, you can either purchase them for a minimal fee or upgrade to the paid version which has unlimited sending and receiving of faxes. The paid version also features free eFax app, free eFax numbers or port your existing fax number for free, cover letter, and enhanced security option, plus other cool features which are ideal for business use. Sign up today and get a 30-day free trial and no lock-in period, you can cancel your VoIPLy eFax account at any time.
What are the advantages of eFax over normal fax machines?
1) eFax offers a variety of features designed to make faxing more convenient. You can send and receive fax anywhere, anytime, without having to be physically near a fax machine. For example, you can affix an electronic signature and track faxes to see when they have been delivered and whether or not they have been opened. You can also store faxes and access them from any device, including computers, phones, or tablets.
2) eFax is more cost-effective. There are no paper or toner costs, and you don't have to pay for long-distance faxes. There are no physical fax machines that break down, no need for costly repairs or parts replacements. No need to buy expensive brand-new fax machines. Also, many eFax service providers offer discounts for multiple users.
3) eFax is more reliable. You don't have to worry about busy signals or paper jams. Issues that may arise can easily be fixed in a matter of a few clicks.
4) eFax is more environmentally friendly. Reduces or eliminates the use of paper and disposable toners, not to mention, the need for physical fax machines altogether.
If you're looking for an easier, more convenient, and cost-effective way to send and receive faxes, eFax is a great option. With eFax, sending and receiving faxes can be done electronically, eFax also offers a variety of features that make faxing more convenient, such as the ability to sign faxes electronically and track faxes. Additionally, you can access your fax online from any device, save them on your computer or mobile device, making it easy to stay organized and on top of your work. If you need to send or receive a fax, eFax is a great option.
For further questions regarding eFax, don't hesitate to message our customer support team. You can also type in your fax number below to see if you can port it to VoIPLy.