What is Internet Fax?
Internet Fax or Digital Fax is a popular online fax service that allows users to send and receive faxes over the Internet. Users can send and receive faxes online via email, web interface, desktop, or mobile app. Internet Fax also offers a variety of features designed to make faxing more convenient, such as the ability to sign documents electronically and the ability to track sent faxes.
Why do people still use Fax?
Many legacy businesses still use fax.
Fax machines have been around for decades and are still used in many businesses today. Despite the advancements in technology, many people still prefer to use Fax because they are more comfortable using it. So to do business with many legacy users, you'll need to use fax too.
Fax is more secure
Unlike email, regular mail, and text messaging, which can easily be hacked, faxing provides a secure way of transferring information. Even if hackers are somehow able to intercept the fax, all they can get is encrypted data or signal. which they cannot use.
Fax provides a paper trail and a reliable method of communication.
Fax is more reliable than other methods of communication such as phone calls, emails and text messages. This is because Faxes go directly to the recipient's machine, so there is no risk of them being lost or delayed. Furthermore, faxes are often sent in hard copy form which can help ensure that they do not get lost or destroyed easily compared to emails.
Ease of use
Many people still find that Fax machines are easier to use compared to other forms of technology, making it ideal for individuals who are not tech-savvy. All you need is the recipient's fax number and you can send your document. For all these reasons, many people still use Fax machines for their business needs today.
What are the advantages of Internet fax over normal fax machines?
There are many reasons why Internet fax is preferable to analog faxing, including the following:
- Internet fax offers a variety of features designed to make faxing more convenient. You can send and receive fax anywhere, anytime, whereas analog faxes require a dedicated physical fax machine. For example, you can affix an electronic signature and track faxes to see when they have been delivered and whether they have been opened. You can also store faxes and access them from any device, including computers, phones, or tablets.
- Internet faxing is more cost-effective than analog faxing.
- Internet fax uses internet-based technology, which is generally less expensive than the phone lines and hardware required for analog faxing. There are no paper or toner costs, and you don't have to pay for long-distance faxes. There are no physical fax machines that break down, no need for costly repairs or parts replacements. No need to buy expensive brand-new fax machines. Also, many Internet fax service providers offer discounts for multiple users.
- Internet fax is more reliable. You don't have to worry about busy signals or paper jams. Issues that may arise can easily be fixed in a matter of a few clicks. Furthermore, Internet fax is less likely to be lost or damaged during transmission, and they are easier to store and retrieve than analog faxes.
- Internet fax is more environmentally friendly. Reduces or eliminates the use of paper and disposable toners, not to mention, the need for physical fax machines altogether, making it a more sustainable option.
- Internet faxing is faster and more efficient than analog faxing. Digital faxes are sent and received almost instantly, whereas analog faxes can take several minutes to transmit.
- Internet faxing is more secure than analog faxing. Digital faxes can be encrypted to protect sensitive information from unauthorized access, whereas analog faxes are vulnerable to interception.
- Internet faxing allows for more advanced features and functionality than analog faxing. Internet fax systems can include features such as automatic routing, electronic signatures, and integration with other business applications.
- Internet faxing allows for better organization and management of faxes than analog faxing. Digital faxes can be easily sorted, searched, and archived, whereas analog faxes can be difficult to organize and access.
- Internet faxing allows for better integration with other communication tools than analog faxing. Internet fax can be integrated with email, messaging, and other business applications, whereas analog faxing is a standalone technology.
Overall, there are many compelling reasons to use Internet fax instead of analog faxing. Internet fax offers many benefits over analog faxing, including speed, reliability, cost-effectiveness, convenience, and advanced features. It is likely to become the dominant faxing technology in the future, and companies that adopt it today will be well-positioned to take advantage of its many benefits.
How does Internet fax work?
Internet fax converts your documents into a digital format and then sends them to your recipients as an email attachment. Alternatively, if the recipient is using a fax machine, they will receive it as ordinary fax. This means that you can fax any document from your computer, without the need for a physical fax machine. You can also receive faxes in your email inbox, and save them on your computer or print them out if you need to.
How do you send an Internet fax?
To send faxes, you first need to create or signup for an Internet fax account from the provider of your choice. Online faxing can vary among different service providers. Most reputable ones will provide you with a desktop app or a mobile Internet fax app where you can manage faxes. Below are the most common steps in sending faxes:
- Scan or upload your document to your computer. Some providers may require you to convert them into PDF files.
- Select the fax machine number of your recipients from your contact list or manually type their number.
- Browse and select the PDF document you want to send.
- Click send
Your Internet fax provider will then convert the document into a fax and send it to the recipient's fax number. The recipient's fax machine will then receive your sent documents like ordinary faxes.
How do you receive an Internet fax?
To receive Internet fax, the sender doesn't need to do anything special. They just need to send a fax to you normally using your Internet fax number. Your Internet fax service provider will automatically convert the incoming faxes into a PDF file, before sending it to you. Received faxes will be stored in your email or Internet fax app's inbox as email attachments. You can then print or view stored faxes online using your email browser or Internet fax app.
Is Internet fax free?
While most online fax services are not free, many Internet fax service providers offer free trials or free but limited use of their Internet fax service. The price of Internet fax accounts normally depends on how many faxes you can send and what features are available.
We recommend checking out VoIPLy's Internet Fax Service. The free plan version has basic features such as sending a limited number of faxes. If you need to send additional pages, you can either purchase them for a minimal fee or upgrade to the paid version which has unlimited sending and receiving of faxes. The paid version also features a free app, free fax numbers or port your existing fax number for free, cover letters, and an enhanced security option, plus other cool features which are ideal for business use. Sign up today and get a 30-day free trial and no lock-in period, you can cancel your VoIPLy Internet fax account at any time.
If you're looking for an easier, more convenient, and cost-effective way to send and receive faxes, Internet or digital fax is a great option. With Internet fax, sending and receiving faxes can be done electronically, Internet fax also offers a variety of features that make faxing more convenient, such as the ability to sign faxes electronically and track faxes. Additionally, you can access your fax online from any device, and save them on your computer or mobile device, making it easy to stay organized and on top of your work. If you need to send or receive a fax, Internet fax is a great option.
For further questions regarding Internet fax, don't hesitate to message our customer support team. You can also type in your fax number below to see if you can port it to VoIPLy.