Why You Should Consider an auto-attendant?
Having a telephone number is essential, irrespective of whether you will be running a large or small business. But what’s even more necessary is having someone to answer calls when prospects, clients, and customers call your number, so you don't lose potential business. What if you don’t have an available receptionist? This is where auto-attendants come in.
How does auto-attendant work?
Auto attendant is a phone system feature that allows callers to be automatically routed to the desired extension or department. This can be done using either voice recognition or menu selection and voice prompts to help callers navigate to the correct extension or department.
Voice recognition auto attendants require the caller to say the name of the person or department they are trying to reach. The system will then route callers accordingly.
Menu selection auto attendants give callers a list of options to choose from, typically by pressing a corresponding number on their keypad. For example, they may be given the option to press 1 for sales, 2 for support, etc.
Both types of auto attendants can be useful in directing callers to the right person or department without the need for a live operator to handle incoming calls. This can save businesses time and money, while still providing excellent customer service
What are the benefits of using an auto-attendant system for your business?
Using an auto attendant as your phone answering service is the easiest and most cost-effective way to not only improve customer satisfaction but also increase employee productivity. Below are the benefits of having auto-attendant on your business phone systems:
1. Improved customer service: Auto-attendants can help improve customer service by providing callers with the option to reach the department or person they need without having to go through a receptionist. This can help reduce wait times and improve customer satisfaction.
2. Increased efficiency: Auto-attendants can help increase the efficiency of your business by automating the process of routing incoming calls. This can free up time for your employees to focus on other tasks.
3. Cost savings: Auto-attendants can help save your business money by eliminating the need for a full-time receptionist since the automated attendant can act as a virtual receptionist. This can be significant cost savings for small businesses.
4. Flexibility: Auto-attendants can offer you flexibility in terms of how your calls are handled. You can choose to have incoming calls forwarded to an employee’s voicemail, route calls to a department’s voicemail, or to a call center after business hours. This can help you better manage your customer calls and ensure that they are handled in the most efficient way possible.
5. Productivity: Best of all, the auto-attendant filters calls and can increase productivity. The auto-attendant can relay information to your customer while they are on hold or if they call after hours.
How much does an auto-attendant cost?
The cost of an auto-attendant will vary depending on the features and capacity you require. Generally speaking, the more features and capacity you need, the more you will pay for your auto attendant. However, there are several ways to keep the cost of an auto-attendant down, such as by using cloud-based services or by opting for a pay-as-you-go model.
To get an accurate quote for your business, it's best to speak to a few different providers and compare prices. However, as a general guide, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $500 per month for an auto attendant.
If you're looking to reduce your customer wait times, save money and improve satisfaction, then an auto-attendant could be the perfect solution for you. Just be sure to shop around and compare prices before making your final decision.
Why choose VoIPLy's business phone system?
VoIPLy's plans include an auto-attendant function in their many phone system features. In addition, VoIPLy offers professionally recorded auto-attendant messages. You can create the message and we do all the work for you. This message can create the first impression of your business and is the key to grabbing the attention of your customers so you never lose a call. You have the option of a male or female voice and can include background music behind your message. Once the message is recorded, you will be able to preview your recording before it is deployed to your system. A pleasant and professional message creates a secure feeling for your customer that their call is important to you and can reduce customer hang-ups.
So, why not let VoIPLy's professionally-made auto-attendant features work for you and direct your customer to the appropriate person. As a client of VoIPLy, you have full control of the content and the programing of your auto-attendant, your entire call routing process can be automated. This feature has the flexibility to offer any size business professional representation to their customer. Many businesses today have already implemented VoIPLy's auto-attendant, you should too. Click here to learn more about other phone features and to sign up.
If you are still hesitant or you have questions or concerns, please talk to our Support Team.